Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.25

From: Michael Heinrich
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.25
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:34:54 +0200

Hello!

I'm really new to PlannerMode (just one week) and I really like it.
I also use an european-style calendar.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 03:06:41AM +0200, Daniel Barral wrote:

> [a lot of lisp code]

If I understand your code correctly then you store the day pages as
day.month.year if in european-style. IMHO this isn't a good idea
because

o you can't easily switch between european and non-european-style
calendar,
o if you "ls" the files in your planner-directory they aren't sorted
by date.

The second point is important to me. I like PlannerMode because it's
all plain ascii and you know "where the things are". Usually I don't
know the exact date for something I'm searching and if I'm in the
shell I want to press "year TAB month TAB day" to reduce the
possibilities.

Regards, Michael.