[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: vc and planner?

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: vc and planner?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:21:37 -0800

Hi Sacha (and Simon)

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Has anyone hacked up a way to make vc (version control) log entries
>> also show up as a planner note?  Looks doable with log-edit-done-hook,
>> but I didn't want to waste time if someone has already done this.
>
> Yup. See planner-log-edit.el by Simon Winwood in -dev. ^_^

Thanks, this looks like something close to what I am interested in.

One of the greatest advantages of planner for me is keeping track of
where things are that I've done.  To that end, I'd like to get the
directory name in the file name and make it a wiki link.

i.e.

----
.#2 Commit [[/Users/jklymak/emacs-common/planner/planner-config.el]]

Changed annotation
----

Any hints on how to do this?

planner-annotation- does not work because by the time log-edit is
called we have switched to the *VC-log* buffer.  log-edit-files does
not return the directory name, and I'm ashamed to say that I do not
know how to return the current directory in elisp.  Even worse,
*VC-log* has buffer-file-name nil.

Even slicker would be to include the version number that just got
checked in.

----
.#2 Commit [[/Users/jklymak/emacs-common/planner/planner-config.el]] RCS: 1.2

Changed annotation
----

And even slicker would be the ability to associate the note with a
plan page, rather than just the daily pager.

Thanks for any help with this.  Just some suggestions that I'd like to
see in this functionality.  I'll try and hack them up when I have some
spare time.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/