[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Web, PDA, etc. with emacs-wiki?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Web, PDA, etc. with emacs-wiki?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:09:03 +0900

you prefer to use Gmane (a mailing list->NNTP/blog gateway), check out
gmane.emacs.wiki.general .

Peter Davis <address@hidden> writes:

Hello, Peter!

> I've been using emacs-wiki for a while, keeping track of notes and
> things at work, and also miscellaneous writing and other creative
> endeavors at home.  I used Plucker to keep up-to-date published versions
> on my PDA.  However, I'm frustrated that there's no way to edit the Wiki
> on the PDF.  Do you know of any way to achieve this?

Hmmm. No one's written an emacs-wiki / muse editor for the Palm yet,
but if you want a wiki on your Palm, you could check out MegaWiki. Not
quite the solution you're looking for. Hmm. Does anyone on the list
have any ideas?

> Also, I like the idea of being able to maintain a Web site with
> emacs-wiki and related tools.  I'm thinking of adding more comics to my
> Web site, and would like to be able to update them on a daily basis, as
> automatically as possible.  I think some of the tricks I need for this
> are already described on your site, but I'd be glad to learn of anything
> further to help automate the process.

Yes, emacs-wiki (and muse, the next generation) are really nifty. What
improvements do you have in mind?

You can use <lisp> tags to evaluate a Lisp expression during
publishing, or define your own tag, or use a template function.

As for daily pages, emacs-wiki-journal.el (part of emacs-wiki) and
planner-el (the thing that produces my site) might be interesting.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed