[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Change in emacs-wiki that affects Planner pages

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Change in emacs-wiki that affects Planner pages
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:41:52 -0500

Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:

> Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Due to a change in `emacs-wiki-link-(un)escape', the second part of
>>> any old extended links with spaces in them will show "%20" in place
>>> of a space.
>>
>> I didn't want to change my old files, so I unescape %20 in the second
>> part of links. escape and unescape don't have to be perfectly
>> symmetrical. =)
>
> Just for the record, or in case someone would like another way of doing
> it, I recently upgraded and removed the %20's like this:
>
> $ cp -r ~/Plans ~/Plans.old                  # (just in case!)
> $ perl -pi -e 's/%20/ /g' ~/Plans/*

Be careful with this one.  "%20" in the first part of extended links
should remain.  This will be relevant if you make a task from an info
page.  I'll provide a lisp function for propagating this change with
the release announcement for emacs-wiki 2.64, which will happen in the
near future.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- Web: http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug