[emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD

From: Baris Eren
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Emacs, WikiMode, (PlannerMode ?) and >> pyGTD
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 02:20:13 +0100

Hi together, I've already contacted Sacha before, but now I'm sending my ideas and questions also to this list.

I'm using pyGTD, which needs only python and simple text files to manage my todo lists. It works fine. Here you can get pyGTD: http://96db.com/pyGTD/

As I also like wiki systems I'm also using WxWikiServer offline on my Windows 2000 pc. As there is no connection between my used WxWikiServer and the pyGTD text files I would like to use instead Emacs with one of its wiki modes. I'm an Emacs beginner and have no plan which wiki mode to use.

And I also don't know if and for what I would need the extra PlannerMode?

What I would like to have is a directory system for using simple text files with interesting wiki features. It should have as much features as possible and the usage should be simple and fast. I would like to use normal WikiWords for linking to other pages but also double brackets, e.g. [[New Wiki Link]] should create a new text file with the name New_Wiki_Link.txt or NewWikiLink.txt. I need this double brackets feature because sometimes I also want to link to single words like [[Words]], and I don't like the fact that I have to use WikiWords all the time. (btw all this is possible in WxWikiServer)

Is such a wiki mode for Emacs already available? Does the PlannerMode support this feature? Do I really need the PlannerMode? What I want is, to be able to edit all my text files in a fast way in Emacs and to have a shortcut to run the pyGTD.py file to process my text files whenever I want. Having an extra wiki mode feature would allow me jumping inbetween these text files additionally what would be nice. Right now I have not the possibility to link any contents in these text files.

I like wiki systems, pyGTD, and simple text files, and hopefully soon also Emacs. Have you any tips related to the topics above for me?

Best greetings from Germany,
Baris