[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:13:10 -0800

Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:

> Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've taken to keeping track of my appointments as tasks. It's easier
>> for me to create a task from a buffer than it is to open my diary file
>> and add an entry. I can also mark them in progress.
>
> Interesting. I've been thinking about the best solution for this
> also. Can you point me to an example on your online blog?

There are also my diary add-ons that allow me to hit C-x C-d in a
buffer and get planner-style prompts and annotations.  i.e.

12/1/2005 08:00 write back
[[gnus://nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.wiki.general/<address@hidden>][Post
from Chris Parsons on gmane.emacs.wiki.general]]

was created in the email buffer for this post.  C-x C-d and then a
planner style prompt for the date and an entry for time.  I never see
the diary file.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib under "Diary
annotation".

There is no rescheduling.  But I prefer to keep tasks and appointments
separate, so this works well for me.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/