[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Feature request for planner
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:44:09 -0800

Hi Lars,

"Lars Chr. Hausmann" <address@hidden> writes:
>  Jody> There is no rescheduling.  But I prefer to keep tasks and
>  Jody> appointments separate, so this works well for me.
>
> Ditto. I do, on the other hand, not want to open the diary file, to
> edit/reschedule a task either. So I am pondering about writing a
> function to do that. i.e. find the entry in the diary file, replace
> it with something new, save, and reload. I think that would be
> optimal for me.

Without thinking about it too much, it seems somewhat difficult to do
a reverse search on fancy-displayed diary entries.  But there could be
a diary-id inserted if planner-diary-add-entry is used to originally
create the diary entry, which would simplify life quite a bit.
Something modeled off planner-id.el?

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/