[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi catchall list

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi catchall list
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:04:04 +0800

Jeff Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

> I am new to planner.el and have kind of follow the GTD methodology.  I
> am switching to planner.el form a set of ruby scripts i was using in

Welcome to Planner! We've got a bunch of GTD people here, and I'm sure
we can help you tweak Planner to fit your way of working. =)

> Anyway the thing i would like to do initially is have all tasks be put
> into a master task list by default and perhaps not have the "tag" show
> up on the list of tags.  This is so i can see all tasks at once wether
> they are for today, next week, or nil.

If you want to automatically add a certain tag every time you create a task
with planner-create-task-from-buffer, you can use the following piece of code:

(defun jeff/planner-crossreference-with-task-pool ()
 "Always add task to task pool."
 (unless (member
          "TaskPool"
          (planner-multi-task-link-as-list (planner-current-task-info)))
  (planner-multi-task-xref "TaskPool")))
(add-hook 'planner-create-task-hook 'jeff/planner-crossreference-with-task-pool)

This can lead to a rather intimidating number of tasks in TaskPool, though.

planner-task-overview can give you an overview of the tasks within the next few
days,
and might be a more manageable solution.

Alternatively, grep -e '^#[A-C]' 2*.*.* | sort  might be handy.

> So this for now and i will mess with moving the rest of my life into
> emacs.  mail, irc, etc...

=)

> Thanks y'all and i look forward to being a part of the community,

You're welcome, and you're welcome. =)
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed