Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Archiving day-pages

From: Wei-Hao Lin
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Archiving day-pages
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:08:24 -0400

Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess this is just a stupid question:  I use to have plan-pages and
> day-pages in my ray/Plans/ directory ... and I think only day-pages of
> the actual month are necessary.  Therefor I created ray/Plans/Archiv to
> move older day-pages over.  Now here the question:  What about the tasks
> they contain?  Can I just move the files and this is it, or do I have to
> remove all tasks befor moving?  It's clear that I check all day-pages
> about undone tasks before moving ... :-)

I do the similar archiving as you described, but I'm not sure I
understand your concerns about tasks in the archived day pages.  No
matter a task is done or not, it will leave as it after you move the
day page under to ray/Plans/Archiv.  Why do you want to remove all
tasks before moving?  There are ways to check unfinished tasks in the
day pages but I don't see why it's related to archiving day pages.

  Wei-Hao