[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary

From: Chris Parsons
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:50:28 +0100

On 01/07/2005 12:22, Sacha Chua wrote:

>Chris Parsons <address@hidden> writes:
>

>>I'm currently taking a hiatus from planner-mode based on the need to
>>be more portable whilst I try and integrate GTD into my life. Also,
>>the fact that planner-multi and planner-timeclock-summary don't work
>>together well, and I don't have time to fix it, currently prevent me
>>from using it.
>>

>Wish, command, yadayada. I've just tweaked the planner-multi +
>planner-timeclock + planner-timeclock-summary interaction.
>planner-timeclock now saves the additional plans and
>planner-timeclock-summary defaults to reporting things under the first
>plan. You can use planner-timeclock-task-plan-as-list to get a list of
>multiple projects; with some tweaking, you can get the tasks reported
>under multiple headings. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks very much for this! I've tweaked a few options to make it work
better.

No so sure in multiple headings, for the same reasons as Dryice. My plan
is to put the important page first on the task list and the GTD context
as the second page, so I'm not sure I'd use it.

The only problem now is that planner-timeclock-summary doesn't handle
[[links in brackets]] very well (puts them in a seperate grouping). I've
tried to fix it, but I've run out of time :(

Anyone else care to glance at the code and perhaps spot what I've missed?

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris Parsons