[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit duri

From: drkm
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [BUG?] muse-publish handling abnormal exit during call to publish
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:07:20 +0200

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately, passing `t' as the second argument to
> `insert-file-contents' seems to defeat this purpose.  It isn't
> desirable to still have the file associated with the temp buffer.  My
> guess is that once this command is modified (dropping the second
> argument), the problem with the buffer-clobbering will be gone.

  As I said, I don't understand why you visit the file.  If you
want to have a plain temporary buffer, and don't worry about
saving it or not, just don't visit the file, IMHO.

> I think I'll try to modify (and rename!)
> `muse-with-temp-buffer-no-prompt' so that it pops up a window with
> information when an error occurs.  I'm not sure if the temp buffer
> should be kept around ... maybe I'll make a debugging option that will
> determine whether or not to kill the buffer.

  Yeah, it could be usefull for debugging purpose to see what the
buffer looks like at the error throwing.  Great idea.  IMHO, you
can use the value of 'debug-on-error', which says, more or less,
"I'm or not in the debugging fashion".

--drkm