Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs Wiki publishing doesn't understand fi

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Emacs Wiki publishing doesn't understand filenames with space
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:57:56 -0500

Peter K.Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> But I seem to experience it during the entire process of publishing.
> And when I'm writing numerous new routines and calls, it got to be
> quite impossible to track down where the error was.  Is there a way
> to disable this behavior, and revert to backtrace, at least for
> development purposes?
>
> I'm quite certain it makes sense for the new behavior as default for
> general usage, I just think it needs to be turned off during
> development.

I agree that the behavior isn't optimal when you're trying to do
development.  I've recently made it so that it you set debug-on-error
to non-nil, it doesn't bother with the condition-case stuff, which
means that errors shouldn't be blocked.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp