Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember

From: Tuomas Härkönen
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Disabling CamelCase in Planner notes/remember
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:34:53 +0300

On 9/1/05, Charles philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2005, address@hidden wrote:
> > Eg. if I write "My good friend McMonkey brought me some donuts", I'd
> > just like the text to be displayed as plain text.
>
> Why don't you just surround the mixed case words you don't want as
> hyperlinks with the verbatim tag? ie:
>
> =McMonkey=

The problem with that approach is that you have to think about
formatting rules (tags) while you're writing. It breaks the flow of
the writing process, so to speak. I can also say with fair certainty
that I'm going to forget the tags while I'm writing, so I'll have to
add them afterwards when I notice the unnecessary links in the
finished text. :)

(Michael Olson: Thanks for the heads up about Muse. I'll check it out
momentarily.)

Tuomas