[emacs-wiki-discuss] Muse (and mailing list) status update

From: Michael Olson
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:19:45 -0500

This is a short summary of what will and will not go into Muse 3.02,
along with an attempted explanation of my lack of response to several
mailing list posts.

** What will not be addressed by 3.02

These are fixes planned for *after* the 3.02 release.

 - LaTeX tweaks: I don't know enough about this publishing format, and
   that is causing a bit of thrashing around.

 - [[subdir/PageName]] links: This is a good idea, but I might break
   things if I implement it.

 - Link escaping ("#" to "%23"): I don't want to deal with this
   problem yet.

 - Table publishing issues: Ditto.

 - Bug #2824 (Uninterpreted tags not being escaped in xhtml
   publishing): Ditto.

 - Flyspell issues: I don't know how to fix these, and previous
   attempts weren't a good investment of my time.

** What will be included with 3.02

 - Update NEWS file.
 - Add at least one more section to documentation on ways to customize
   Muse.
 - Review documentation and make sure it's up-to-date.

** Explanation

I've been unexpectedly busy with helping PLUG move into a new office,
planning for CallOut, doing paperwork, and making sure we interface
well with other student organizations at Purdue.

I'm trying to find a routine for getting fun work (like Muse, ERC, and
EMMS) and homework done.  The current plan is to process bug reports
and work on features/fixes in the morning before classes start.  I'm
about 2 weeks (in worst case) behind on the lists now, instead of 3
weeks.

I'm not going to focus on emacs-wiki fixes or issues at all until Muse
3.02 comes out, since this has been lingering on my task list for too
long.  Sorry.  Please feel free to continue reporting issues and
suggesting fixes though, and I'll get back to you once the release
happens.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp