[emacs-wiki-discuss] turning off highlight-changes-mode for the planner,

From: Jesse Alama
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] turning off highlight-changes-mode for the planner, keeping it on otherwise
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:43 -0500

The value of my `muse-mode-hook' includes `highlight-changes-mode'.
I'd like to use highlight-changes mode with muse in general, but not
with planner-muse.  My attempts to do this have so far been
unsuccessful.  I've modified `muse-project-alist' in a couple ways
(setting a local variable, adding a second major mode,
highlight-changes-mode, apart from planner-mode), but doing this
doesn't accomplish the goal.  How might I turn off highlight-changes
mode for the planner but keep it enabled for all other muse projects?

Thanks,

Jesse

PS It might be nice if, like the Custom interface for
`muse-mode-hook', the Custom interface for `planner-mode-hook'
included some nice default toggle buttons for various popular minor
modes, such as allout-mode, highlight-changes-mode, flyspell-mode, and
so on.  This way, one could customize planner-muse without having to
customize all muse projects.

--
Jesse Alama (address@hidden)