Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: problem with blockquote and diary entries

From: Matt M
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: problem with blockquote and diary entries
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:03:21 -0400

On 9/16/05, Sacha Chua <address@hidden> wrote:
Matt M <address@hidden> writes:
> The problem I am having is that only the last diary entry for any given day
> appears in the blockquote and paragraph tags and the other entries appear
> directly before it. Here's an example:

You can write your diary entries as rows in Planner tables.
For example, I used to use

hh:mm | hh:mm | Some entry

What did you do for special dates (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc) that don't occur at a specific time? I believe Diary also inserts holidays that it knows about which are not formatted in any specific way.

> Sunday, September 18, 2005
> --------------------------
> Do Laundry
> Monday, September 19, 2005
> --------------------------
> Mgt 3150: Exam
> Vacuum Apartment

Just curious--wouldn't these be better as tasks? You can indicate time
in tasks with @hhmm, and planner-appt (if loaded) will pick it up
automatically. With a custom sorting function that arranges tasks by
time if present, I've switched to using tasks even for appointments.
You can see what it looks like on
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/today.php ... =)

I've just found planner-cyclic which I am now using for weekly  and monthly items (such as chores and things like 'pay rent'). I do not have planner-appt but I will take a look at it on your page. For items such as exams I would rather be able to see the item a week in advance (so I can prepare) than to have it show up as a task on a specific date. I like how diary can give an overview of the events I have coming up in the following week.

Thanks for the help. I am new with planner so I am still figuring out how to tweak it to my liking.
--
Matt M