Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Synchronization in Emacs

From: Luca Capello
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Synchronization in Emacs
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:05:21 +0200

Hello!

On Fri 23 Sep 2005 14:07 +0200, Chris Parsons wrote:
> Luca Capello wrote:
>> - parsing of the planner entries to iCalendar (planner-icalendar.el,
>>   to be coded) [this should skips entries already present in
>>   diary/todo, in order to avoid entry duplication]
>
> I've started this already - check out planner-ical.el.

Thank you for the hint, I got it [1].

From=20a very early look, I saw that you require icalendar.el, so IMHO
most of the code could be shared (especially for the entry
formatting).

BTW, I hardly patched icalendar.el to be more RFC2445 compliant:
VEVENT fields DESCRIPTION, LOCATION, ORGANIZER, URL, STATUS and CLASS
are correctly imported/exported. I already submitted my patch to be
reviewed by Ulf (the icalendar.el author, cc: because this mail could
be useful to him).

My idea is to have some general functions to import/export from
iCalendar and then specific functions to read/write diary/todo or
planner events. This should avoid code duplication.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-07/msg00261.html