Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Purging "empty" day pages

From: Randy Kramer
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Purging "empty" day pages
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:20:40 -0400

On Thursday 22 September 2005 11:29 pm, Sacha Chua wrote:
> Dale Smith <address@hidden> writes:
> > I usually carry over lots of tasks from day to day. In fact, most
> > days I never mark anything as "done". These leave basically empty
> > day pages behind. Is there a way to automatically remove these empty
> > pages? It's kinda yucky to have all those pages published with
> > nothing on them except "* Tasks\n\n* Schedule\n\n* Notes".
>
> Planner used to delete pages whenever it found that it looked like the
> template, using the planner-maybe-remove-file function. What's the
> best way to use that again? Maybe we could call it during
> publishing...
>
> > Yeah, I'm probably not carving up tasks into small enough pieces,
> > but I'm getting there. ;^)
>
> No, we want you to be thoroughly guilt-tripped by all those blank pages. ;)

I shouldn't chirp in without really understanding what's going on, but I think
that if I wanted a historical record of my diary/to-do list, I'd want those
old pages to indicate either what I did work on (even if not completed)
(possibly even with a number of hours for billing purposes) or what I
intended to work on.

Does the planner support that kind of thing? (perhaps that's the default?)

Sorry for the noise,
Randy Kramer