[emacs-wiki-discuss] New To Emacs

From: Nathan Eckenrode
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] New To Emacs
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 03:23:08 -0500

        Hi, I'm a N00b to both planner and emacs in general, ah what the heck,
I'm a newbie to Linux as well. I have been settin guyp a Linux Box in my house
for about two and a half months now. First I ran Ubuntu straight off the disk
then I removed GNOME and added Enlightenment so that I could save some
operations space in my ancient machine. Now I have a really fun system that
looks great and since I have it in synergy with my Powerbook running OS X , my
desktop is really quite large(especially since the powerbook has a second
monitor which I use for my graphics work.)
        I currently am  using emacs and planner to help me navigate through
assignments in my University degree program, which I attend online. I have
taken the Course Calendars and made the dates into tasks, then within the
descriptin of the tasks I used CamelWords to make WikiPages which have the
syllabus description required for each assignment.
        I'd like to figure out some more ways to utilize emacs and the power of
my Linux Box. Firstly, I'd like to link my planner with teh diary so that items
in the planner are marked on the calendar. Additionally, I am looking to set up
Gnus in order that I can receive and send my college emails and newsgroups in
emacs, currently I use Thunderbird on OSX & Sylpheed-claws on Linux. Finally, I
just have to be shown how to make coffee with emacs.

Thanks

Nathan Eckenrode