Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Default Project

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Default Project
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:09:40 -0800

On 12 Dec 2005, address@hidden wrote:
> This didn't seem to go last time!

Actually, I think it did...

> Is it possible to set a default project? I want to use muse
> as a generic web page generator much of the time. I put these
> different sites in different places, which means that currently
> I have to set up different projects for each directory; this is
> a bit painful.
>
> What I would like is to have a default project, which I can
> specify a output format (html in my case) a default (index.muse)
> and a source and output location (the current working directory).
>
> Is this possible to do? I had a quick go at hacking this in last
> night, but I don't understand all of the project code works, so
> failed hopelessly.
>
> Would anyone else find this useful?

I'm not sure how this would be different from creating a project in
muse-project-alist called "default".  Then open a .muse file under the
directory specified and away you go.

With two projects in muse-project-alist, when I run
muse-project-find-file I am prompted for the project name if I am not
already in a buffer associated with that project.

There has been a previous discussiona about using a muse-config.el
file inside project dirs to automagically configure projects (I think
that was at least part of the point).  This does seem to have some
nice advantages in terms of making projects more versionable and more
portable.

+ seth