Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse: setup trouble, mismatched mus

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-muse: setup trouble, mismatched muse version?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:34:16 +0000

> On 12/12/2005 11:34 PM, Michael Olson wrote:
>> Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:
>>

>>> The defsubst in the above code doesn't get evaluated at compile
>>> time.  It should be wrapped in an eval-and-compile like this:
>>
>> I've applied the patch.  Thanks!  Usually I just create a function
>> that makes the choice when called, rather than using defalias, but
>> this was a special case.
>>

> The patch doesn't work for me.  I get errors when compiling
> planner-publish.el ("attempting to inline muse-insert-markup before it
> was defined"), and then I get the old void function error when I try
> to publish.

Oh dear.  I was sure that was where the problem was.  I just tried
recompiling muse and planner with 'make clean; make' and it all seems
to work ok here.  Did you recompile the files from scratch? Inline
functions can go awry in this sort of way if there are functions still
using the old definitions because they haven't been recompiled.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway