Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt or diary question

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-appt or diary question
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 01:45:46 +0000

> On 14 Dec 2005, address@hidden wrote:
>> How about calling it planner-upcoming-appts? or
>> planner-appt-upcoming?  Or planner-appt-forthcoming? [I like that
>> last one!]

> Me too.    The planner-appt- prefix makes sense and forthcoming has a
> nice double meaning.

A quadruple meaning in my dictionary.  I have renamed everything;
there are some very long function names now!

>> I hope you don't mind, but I got carried away last night fiddling
>> with the code you posted: just use whatever you think may be useful
>> from it.

> Mind?  That's what I was hoping would happen ;-)

Good!

>> I added scanning for tasks in schedules; scanning for tasks in
>> the cyclic diary file; sorting the entries; a slightly different
>> format for the appointments section; a day page section re-writing
>> function [implemented as an interactive "update" command], and a
>> display buffer thing.

> I've only had time for a quick look, these all sound like great
> improvements; the changes to the format are much closer to what I
> originally wanted.

I have made a few more changes this evening, there is a new renamed
version at

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jeho/planner-appt-forthcoming.el

It's also in this arch mirror:

Location: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jeho/archives/2005
Archive name: address@hidden
Branch: planner-stuff--jeho--1.0
Patch: 4

>> I don't think there is a straightforward way of doing this at the
>> moment. But it would be easy to add a hook to planner-appt-update
>> that gets run after all the appointment updating has happened.

> Cool :-)

I have done that too.

Regards,

--