Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] cross word under cursor function?

From: Trent Buck
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] cross word under cursor function?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:00:05 +1100

leon <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure if there is an existing function in muse for crossing word under
> cursor. I'm new to elisp, and I'm trying to define a function that will cross
> the word under cursor like crossing the task in planner when press "C-c C-x"
> (planner-task-done).

The phrase you want is "strikeout".  The easiest way to do it is probably to
use _foo_ and change the publication variables to use <del> instead of <u>.

For the HTML style, add the following to your .emacs:

(when (locate-library "muse-html")
  (eval-after-load "muse-html"
    '(progn
       (setcar (assoc 'begin-underline muse-html-markup-strings) "<del>")
       (setcar (assoc 'end-underline muse-html-markup-strings) "</del>"))))

I'm not sure about other publishing styles, but you should be able to work them
out yourself with a bit of trial and error.

--
Trent Buck, Student Errant