[emacs-wiki-discuss] planner as time management tools for system adminis

From: Wei-Hao Lin
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner as time management tools for system administrators
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 13:29:53 -0500

O'Reilly releases a new book, "Time Management for System
Administrators", written by Thomas A. Limoncelli.  You can read a
sample chapter at [1].  From the index of the book it doesn't seem to
promote specific software packages, but I am so amazed at how planner
is already equipped with most functionalities the author calls "The
Cycle System".  From the sample chapter, I can implement the Cycle
System in planner as follows,

365 to do lists per year -> 365 day pages per year
"Items left over at the end of the day will be moved to the next day's
list" ->  planner-carry-tasks-forward
Today's schedule -> "Schedule" section on the day page
An appointment calendar -> diary or planner-appt
Notes -> "Notes" section on the day page

Planner, of course, is more capable, and someone should seriously
consider writing O'Reilly a book proposal, possible titled "Time
Management using Planner". I just want to take this chance to thank
all the people who contribute to wonderful muse and planner.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/timemgmt/index.html