[emacs-wiki-discuss] Diary cyclic day pages

From: caldwell
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Diary cyclic day pages
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:21:44 -0500

Hi all,

I've been using planner since October as a TODO manager and a timeclock
manager (very good for consulting).  I'm using a dev tar from 12/31.

I now want to track my appointments on the day pages.  I assume that
planner-appt is the ticket...

I put my appointments into
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-file ".diary.cyclic-tasks")

This works well when I start emacs (well means populates * Schedule with
entries from cyclic -diary-file) but:

Planner-goto doesn't populate * Schedule on future days.
Planner-appt-update doesn't update * Schedule It would be nice to be
able to get a day page from right-click in calendar

Sooo...Is this a 'good' way of handling appointments? / How do you
recommend seeing future appointments?

Thanks for pointing the way...

-Bruce

--------------------------
I believe I should pare down the modules but here's some of my .emacs:

(require 'muse-mode)
(require 'muse-colors)
(require 'muse-wiki)
(require 'muse-html)
(require 'remember)

(require 'planner)
(require 'planner-appt)
(require 'planner-publish)
(require 'planner-calendar)
(require 'planner-gnus)
(require 'planner-cyclic)
(setq planner-cyclic-diary-file ".diary.cyclic-tasks")
;; do not use .muse tensions - code from Michael Olson
(setq muse-file-extension nil)
(setq muse-mode-auto-p t)
(add-hook 'find-file-hooks 'muse-mode-maybe)

(setq planner-project "Plans")
(planner-calendar-insinuate)
(planner-gnus-insinuate)
;;(planner-appt-use-schedule)
(planner-appt-use-tasks-and-schedule)
(planner-appt-insinuate)
;; M-x planner-appt-update
(planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-insinuate)
(setq planner-appt-task-use-appointments-section-flag t)
(setq planner-appt-sort-schedule-on-update-flag t)
(planner-appt-calendar-insinuate)

(require 'remember-planner)
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append)) (setq
remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions) (setq
remember-planner-xref-p t)
(setq remember-planner-copy-on-xref-flag t)

(define-key mode-specific-map [?n] `planner-goto-today)
(setq mark-diary-entries-in-calendar t)
(setq planner-directory  "c:/Plans")
(add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(setq planner-diary-use-diary t)
(planner-insinuate-calendar)

(setq muse-project-alist
      '(("Plans"
         ("~/Plans" :default "index" :major-mode planner-mode
          :visit-link planner-visit-link)
         (:base "planner-html" :path "~/public-html"))))