[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Publishing muse files on FTP server

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Publishing muse files on FTP server
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:21:55 +0100

   From: Michael Olson <address@hidden>

   Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

   > I am trying to publish muse files on my FTP server.
   >
   > It fails when trying to chmod the final file.
   >
   > How can I workaround this without modifying the original code ?

   I'm not sure how this could be worked around in Muse itself, since it
   doesn't seem to explicitly change permissions -- it just uses the
   write-file function to create the file.

   One solution would be to publish elsewhere on your hard drive and then
   use a script (or Makefile) to copy the files properly to your FTP
   server.  Perhaps http://mwolson.org/projects/SiteScripts.html might be
   helpful, especially the make-wiki script.

Thank you. I worked around it by using a third-party tool: sitecopy.

Xavier