RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Org mode vs Planner

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Org mode vs Planner
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:55:06 -0000

David Lord wrote:
> I took a look at it before settling on planner a few years ago.  I
> don't remember too much about it, but the one thing that did stick in
> my mind was that its handling of tables was much better than table.el
> - faster, less need to rely on menus and more text oriented.

Yeah, I've got the tables working. Really nice, mostly because it
doesn't bother keeping the tables in place, when they are being
edited, which takes up most of the effort in table.el.

The formula stuff looks useful as well.

None of this seems to overlap with planner, but the "todo" list
does though. I guess I may end up using them both.

Phil