[emacs-wiki-discuss] Nested lists of items in Muse

From: Mario E. Munich
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Nested lists of items in Muse
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:47:33 -0800

Dear guys,

first of all, I love using Muse and Planner... They do improve the
productivity of my work!!!

As it always happens, once you start using some piece of software, you
would like to do some things that were not in the set of features of the
 software...

In any case, I have switched to Muse to write reports, project
descriptions, and so on. The problem that I have is that I would like to
have the ability of using nested lists of items with the proper
indentation, for example:

 - this is the first item
    - it is composed of this elements
    - it costs that much
    - it can be used for the following applications:
       - application A
       - application B
    - it can be delivered in such and such time
 - this it the second item
    -

and so on and so forth...

I have read in the conventions of wiki writing that you should be able
to generate nested lists by just indenting the lines with 3 spaces, but
this is not enabled in Muse. Besides, I have tried to use a mix of
bulletted and numbered items (only two levels of nesting):

 - this is the first item
    1. it is composed of this elements
    2. it costs that much
    3. it can be used for the following applications:
    4. it can be delivered in such and such time
 - this it the second item
    1.

But the output of Muse renders the two lists with the same indentation,
making it unconvinient to read.

Any comments on a work-around will be appreciated.

Best,

-Mario