Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse-markdown.el

From: thomas knoll
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: muse-markdown.el
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:35:48 -0600

> This looks intriguing, but I have to ask, what exactly are you trying
> to accomplish?
>
>  - Is it that you want to replace normal muse syntax with markdown
>    syntax, such that when you use muse-project-publish, it parses the
>    markdown syntax?
>
>  - Or are you hoping to augment the existing muse syntax with markdown
>    syntax and have muse-project-publish parse both ?
>
>  - Or, are you trying to get markdown.pl to read muse syntax?
>
> I like the idea of the second option...

I prefer taking notes in markdwon syntax. It's what I use to write
blog posts, It's what I use when writing in my moleskine, it's what I
always try to get working in wikis and stuff that I run. It just makes
sense and is comfortable, and easy to read when I have to look at the
plain text.

I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question, because I haven't
learned enough about muse and elisp yet.... but my goal is not to
publish things to markdown... I want to use markdown syntax while
writing in planner. So, I'm starting to learn elisp and hope to hack
around on the file Michael sent out. (Thanks Michael).

--
web:     http://dydimustk.com/

aim:       dyd1mustk
Y!:       dydimustk