Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts on the upcoming Muse release

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Thoughts on the upcoming Muse release
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:41:32 +0100

  Michael> My schedule ::

  Michael>   I'm going to be busy with schoolwork until Friday.  On
  Michael>   Friday, I'm going to be working on getting Muse 3.03
  Michael>   releasable.  My changes will be sporadic for the next few
  Michael>   weeks, due to finals.

Good luck!

  Michael> Mailing list ::

  Michael>  - Implement interwiki URL protocol, so people have a way
  Michael>    of doing cross-project links without having to load
  Michael>    muse-wiki.el.  It will probably take the form "proj://"
  Michael>    rather than "iw://" since its entries correspond to
  Michael>    `muse-project-alist'.

This sounds like a good idea. One thing about the iw: interwiki thing
that I created was the ability to specify the location as it appears
on the web, differently from the location as it appears on the file
system. These might be very different, including not sharing the
same physical relationship to each other.

It would be nice to retain this facility.

Cheers

Phil