[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Interaction of org-mode and Muse

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Interaction of org-mode and Muse
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:34:16 -0400

>> By far my favorite featureset in org-mode that muse lacks is the
>> table support, which piggybacks on calc to form more of a
>> spreadsheet than table support. Insanely cool.
>
> Note that there is orgtbl-mode, a minor mode which makes it easy to
> get the Org-mode table support into *any* major mode.  All Muse
> would have to do is to understand the slightly different syntax of
> Org-mode tables and you are ready to go.  I believe this would be
> almost trivial to implement.

That definitely sounds like a useful feature.  Muse tries to get along
well with minor modes.  I'll add that to my post-exams, post-release
todo list.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net