[emacs-wiki-discuss] Remember RememberMode?

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Remember RememberMode?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:27:54 -0400

Remember RememberMode?

With the switch from emacs-wiki-mode to muse-mode, it seems as though
Remember has been forgotten.

The last time I downloaded a package with Remember in it was when I last
downloaded the emacs-wiki-based planner.  Remember is not included with
Planner or with Muse.

Newcomers who want to use Remember with Planner are bound to be frustrated.
They might be clever enough to find a reference to it on www.emacswiki.org
and possibly download it from Sacha's notebook.

Click here to see what emacswiki says about Remember:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/RememberMode

I'd like to fix this.  I would volunteer to update the above page with some
facts once I have them.

>From what I gather, Sacha is still the Remember maintainer.  True?  False?
It can be downloaded in pieces from
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/stable/remember-el/ .  Or perhaps it
should be bundled with Planner like it was before?

You need to stick this (or something very much like it) in your config file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/emacs/remember")
(require 'remember-planner)
(setq remember-handler-functions '(remember-planner-append))
(setq remember-annotation-functions planner-annotation-functions)

Comments?

PS:  Yes I finally did switch to muse.  It was fairly painless.  Thanks to
all those worked hard to develop and maintain it!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>