Re: [Emacsweblogs] Re: weblogger & major mode

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Re: weblogger & major mode
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:08:51 -0400

andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it's a good idea!
> Anyway doing the following:
> - fetch entries
> - weblogger-toogle-edit-body
> - html-mode (was nxml mode)

Right.  You want to customize weblogger-edit-mode to html-mode.
Alternatively, you could set it to a lambda function that will prompt you
for a mode.  (Come to think of it, a prompt is probably a better way to
handle this.)

> A (maybe) ugly hack that could be useful would be
> allowing elisp code in weblogger-entry-mode, in this way
> I can dinamically insert my other buffers (in other modes) and then post them.
> Something like "execute-elisp-and-post-entry".

You can do this now by customizing weblogger-pre-struct-hook with a list
of functions that you want executed before function.  These could
include functions to do pretty much any conversion on the buffer you

Alternatively, you could customize weblogger-weblogger-mode-toggle-hook
so that the buffer you've been working on is translated somehow before
it is switched back to weblogger-entry-mode.  This could include, for
example, translating an org-mode buffer into an html snippet.

I'll try to post an example of how this would work today.

Every day, mindful practice.  When the mind is disciplined, then the
Way can work for us.  Otherwise, all we do is talk of the Way; everything
is just words; and the world will know us as its one great fool.