[emms-help] Re: Feature idea

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Feature idea
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:33:17 +0200

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Yep. The code exists locally, and will probably replace
> emms-play-all etc. in the near future (read: When I find some
> time).

We have whole summer to implement bloatware in EMMS, you'll eventually
find time :)

> I can add a doc string like
>
> (define-emms-playlist pink-floyd t
>   "My Pink Floyd Best Of"
>   '((emms-source-directory-tree "dir/Pink Floyd")))
>
> and add this string to any variable. If you want to write the
> script to choose from the playlists in the variable, go ahead.
> What would you want to be in the variable?

Hmm, emms-favourites-NAME-description is long enough. Or
emms-playlist-NAME-description, if you're not into creating a new file
for such a feature :)

> This is non-trivial, as it either requires changing source code
> (if you want to combine it with `define-emms-playlist'), or would
> require some management facility for files in ~/.emms/playlists/.
> (I think I'd prefer the latter)

I'd prefer the latter too. I'll study this idea when I find time,
probably by the end of the week.

I also have a plan to make a emms-add-whatever-after-current, that I'll
finish one day.

--
Lucas, bloatware consultant.