[emms-help] Re: cvs vs packaged

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: cvs vs packaged
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:57:53 +0200

Angelina Carlton <address@hidden> writes:

> I am just worried when I compile stuff that I cannot easily remove
> it and also that it is now an unknown package as far as my package
> manager is concerned, so it might cause problems down the road.

I keep EMMS in ~/src/emms and just do this in my ~/.emacs:

   (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/emms")

The Debian package system doesn't know and doesn't care. :-)

And that's just one self-contained directory and one line in ~/.emacs,
so removing the package is not a problem.  Not that you'll ever *need*
to remove it, since you can just keep doing ``cvs update && make''...

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>