Re: [emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:13:05 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:
>> Sounds very practical to me, and avoids the semantic issues.
>> Shouldn't this be equal to the playlist management you wanted to
>> write, modulo the saving to a file (which could be trivial)?
>
> Ah yeah, come to think of it, we could put the 2  altogether, would be
> nice :)
>
> We can already save a playlist to a file, and restore a playlist from a
> file ( emms-pbi-export-playlist and emms-pbi-open-playlist). And before
> you react, Jorgen, I think we can move those in emms.el :)

I'd prefer them in a separate file - that's not core
functionality, and I don't want to pollute emms.el more than
necessary :-)

I'm not sure about the name, though. `emms-playlist' is something
different. `emms-tracklist' maybe?

Command: emms-tracklist-from-playlist name

Store the current playlist as a tracklist with name NAME (this is
only internally, not in a file).

Command: emms-play-tracklist name
Command: emms-add-tracklist name

Replace the current playlist, or add to it, from the tracklist
NAME.

Command: emms-tracklist-save name file
Command: emms-tracklist-load name file

Store and load the tracklist NAME as a list of tracks from
~/.emms.d/tracklists/FILE.

Opinions?

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))