Re: [emms-help] Re: GNU EMMS!

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: GNU EMMS!
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:45:51 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> I actually have one.  I've sent my papers to the FSF, but they
> replied some while ago saying they would also need a disclaimer
> from my university.  The disclaimer starts like this:
>     If you are employed to do programming (even at a
>     university), or have made an agreement with your
>     employer or school saying it owns programs you write,
>     then you and we need a signed piece of paper from your
>     employer disclaiming rights to the program.
> Now, I'm neither employed nor do I have an agreement with my
> school saying it owns programs I write.  Why do I still need to
> get them to sign the disclaimer?

I guess it is not necessary then. The problem is that in the US,
such slave contracts are usual, and others are the exception.
Luckily, most EU countries aren't there yet.

        -- Jorgen

((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))