[emms-help] Re: emms-repeat-curr-track

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms-repeat-curr-track
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:45:50 +0200

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>   (customize-set-variable 'emms-repeat-track t))
>
> Please do not use `customize-set-variable' in Lisp code.
> This is only for the user to set _his_ stuff.

Okay, I wasn't sure about that.  I thought it might be good
to consider M-x emms-toggle-repeat-track RET as a way of
customizing the `emms-repeat-track' variable.  As such, I
wanted to avoid the ``CHANGED outside Customize; operating
on it here may be unreliable'' message that you get when
customizing a variable that's been set with `setq'.

(For the record, note that I didn't propose to save the
setting ``for future sessions,'' only ``for this session.'')

> I'll look into integrating the track repetition stuff
> into emms.el.

Cool, thanks.

> I don't think we need a start/stop/toggle function, but
> instead we can restrict us to toggling if the command
> prints out the new state right away.  It is not too
> difficult to just hit the same key sequence again if it
> was the "correct" setting.

Yeah, you're probably right. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>

    So really, we all have to ask ourselves:
    Am I waiting for RMS to do this?   --TTN.