Re: [emms-help] Re: To list or not to list

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: To list or not to list
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 03:01:05 +0200

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Sounds really interesting, and it will allow to play a stream without
> loosing the current playlist, as I always wanted.

In what way is that easier with such an interface?

>> *going back to packing*
>
> Where are you going ? :)

I was at a preparation weekend (the "not-weekend", because it's
Monday to Thursday) for organizing the introduction week for new
students in October.

The next week, my girlfriend is here, so I don't have much time
there either.

The EMMS playlist buffer change is on the top of my list for after
that. In case someone is interested in my notes so far (good luck
deciphering my intentions):

----
emms-playlist is a buffer
buffer has a buffer-local variable emms-playlist-current-marker

buffer contents are irrelevant, all that counts are sequences of
text which have a emms-track property. The property value is the
track.

Operations:
- emms-playlist-current => description of the current track
- emms-playlist-current-track => track
- with-current-emms-playlist &rest body
- emms-playlist-next
- emms-playlist-previous
- emms-playlist-goto pos
- emms-playlist-goto-first
- emms-playlist-goto-last
- emms-playlist-remove-current
- emms-playlist-remove-at
- emms-playlist-track-at pos => track
- emms-playlist-shuffle &optional beg end
- emms-playlist-sort &optional beg end
- emms-playlist-insert-track track
- emms-track-description track => string

- emms-save-playlist filename
- emms-find-playlist filename
- emms-playlist-mode-insert-file filename

Variables:
- emms-playlist => buffer
- emms-playlist-current => marker
- emms-playlist-sort-added-tracks-p => boolean

Hooks:
- emms-playlist-changed-hook
- emms-playlist-current-track-changed-hook

Sources:
- A source is a function now called in the appropriate playlist
  buffer, with point being at the appropriate place for
  `emms-playlist-insert-track'

Refactor:
- emms-playlist-get-track-description track => description
  - Not playlist!
- emms-playlist-search-vector track vector => index
- emms-playlist-shuffle-vector vector => vector
- emms-playlist-sort-vector vector => vector

Deprecated:
- emms-playlist-get n => description
- emms-playlist-get-track n => track
- emms-playlist-set-playlist new
- emms-playlist-get-playlist => vector
- emms-playlist-set-current n
- emms-playlist-get-current => n
- emms-playlist-next
- emms-playlist-previous
- emms-playlist-add seq &optional where-index
- emms-playlist-remove idx
----

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))