Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode.el work

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode.el work
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:42:05 +0800

This is a private mail, which i think isn't intent to. :-)

My reply will follow.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-playlist-mode.el work Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:34:03 +0200 User-agent: Gnus/5.110004 (No Gnus v0.4) Emacs/22.0.50 (gnu/linux)
William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Moreover, I am also working on full killing and yanking for
>> emms-playlist-mode which will undoubtedly make deleting tracks, moving
>> tracks between playlist buffers and organising tracks much simpler, and
>> more natural fro Emacs users.
>
> Looking forward to it !
>
> I wish it could somehow look like `dired'. Easy mark, delete, edit,
> ...etc.

After killing and yanking will be supported it should be very easy to
define a key map which does that. You could even ship with a default
keymap and supply a "dired-mode" keymap as an option.

> Also, support poping the playlist as a sidebar would be nice. This
> feature used to exist in emms-pbi-*. At present, i have the following in
> my .emacs.
>
> (defadvice emms-playlist-mode-go (before side-window)
>   (split-window-horizontally -25)
>   (other-window 1))
>
> (ad-activate 'emms-playlist-mode-go)

Do you need more than that? All that is missing is a way to remove that
window cleanly. Feel free to supply any such window-mangling routines as
you wish. I rarely split windows unless there is something really
interesting going on there. I find myself spawning another frame more
often than splitting windows.

--- End Message ---

--
William