Re: [emms-help] Re: Randomize playlist

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: Randomize playlist
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 04:36:36 +0100

Leon <address@hidden> writes:

>> You can always M-x emms-shuffle after loading. If you don't like
>> that, you can also copy the source definition for directory or
>> directory-tree from emms-source-file.el and add to the end:
>>
>>  (funcall emms-playlist-shuffle-function)
>
> It seems by default *Music* buffer is read only otherwise emms-shuffle
> works fine.

The following should work:

(define-emms-source directory-tree-shuffled (dir)
  "An EMMS source for multiple directory trees - either DIR, or the
value of `emms-source-file-default-directory'. The tracks are
shuffled after insertion."
  (interactive (list
                (emms-read-directory-name "Play directory tree: "
                                          emms-source-file-default-directory
                                          emms-source-file-default-directory
                                          t)))
  (emms-source-directory-tree dir)
  (funcall emms-playlist-shuffle-function))

After evaluating this, you should be able to use
M-x emms-play-directory-tree-shuffled

>> If you want to always play the same directory, you can also do
>> this:
>>
>> (define-emms-combined-source my-stuff t
>>   '((emms-source-directory-tree "~/music/my-stuff/")))
> I use (setq emms-source-file-default-directory "/home/common/Music")
> Is it the same?

Nope. `emms-source-file-default-directory' only sets the default
entry for `emms-play-directory-tree' and friends. The code above
defines new commands - `emms-play-my-stuff' and
`emms-add-my-stuff', specifically - that don't ask anything, but
just play the given directory.

Greetings,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))