Re: [emms-help] emms-<add>-...

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-<add>-...
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:45:45 +0200

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Would be nice to run the bleeding edge out of version control ---
> sad that this project decided to move to a system that  appears
> to be not part of the default install on Linux boxes.

No revision control system is part of the "default install on
Linux boxes". Darcs is one of the most technically advanced
revision control systems, and fits our style of development very
well.

darcs is part of Debian (and hence Ubuntu) and supported on the
following architectures:

alpha amd64 hppa i386 m68k s390 sparc ia64 powerpc

darcs is also part of Gentoo, Mandriva, Fedora and GoboLinux.

Maybe you can use a binary from any of those distributions if your
distribution does not provide such useful software?

Also, on http://darcs.net/DarcsWiki/CategoryBinaries you can find
precompiled binaries for many architectures, among them a
statically linked version for Linux-i386.

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))