Re: [emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: make emms-player-start cycle players
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 01:32:30 +0200

Andrea Russo <address@hidden> writes:

> Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, since the player is started asynchronously, what kind of
>> errors does your patch catch?
>
> In my case I only encountered file-error caused by a missing player
> executable or when the mpd daemon isn't running.

Wouldn't it be saner to test for those conditions before creating
the player list?

mwolson, would it be possible for the mpd player's `playablep'
method to check for the port to be open? Or is that too much
overhead?

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))