Re: [emms-help] Re: emms-cache-file coding system issue

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: emms-cache-file coding system issue
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:36:51 +0800

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> William Xu <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:
>>
> OK, can you try the following, then?  I want to avoid calling an
> external program unless absolutely necessary.  This file calls
> `encode-coding-string' instead, which should (I hope) have the same
> effect as your patch.

i'm afraid not. Both the playlist buffer and .emms-cache file will
display garbages. To be clear, following is my coding system info, say,
a file named foo.mp3,

foo                   - filename, utf-8
mp3info output of foo - gbk
.emms-cache           - utf-8 or gbk

emms-cache tries to save filename and mp3info, which are two different
encoding here, to one file, maybe the conversion is unavoidable? i don't
know why your way doesn't work, though..

[...]

> Out of curiosity, what happens now when you set both
> emms-cache-file-coding-system and emms-info-mp3info-coding-system to
> 'gbk?  If that works, it might be a better solution for you than
> re-encoding every string via iconv or encode-coding-string.

Still not. :(

--
William

inoculatte:
        To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.