[emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [emms-help] Re: some notes on EMMS
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:26:37 -0600

>>>>> "Tassilo" == Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

Tassilo> I think the playlist buffer is hidden by default because it shouldn't
Tassilo> interfer with your work. But you can easily change the name:

Yeah, I saw this from the source.  Personally I think the default
should be that it is an ordinary buffer; usually hidden buffers are
reserved for things users never want to see.  And, there are already
plenty of non-file buffers, i.e., users are used to this.

Tom> * Maybe just `emms' could be an alias for `emms-playlist-mode-go'?

>> If `emms-playlist-mode-go' is too long, I think one could simply bind
>> `emms-playlist-mode-go' to some key, like "F3", as mine.

Tassilo> Are you crazy?!? F3 is `kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter', one of
Tassilo> the most useful keys ever! ;-)

Yeah, the problem for me isn't setting up a key binding (I'm cautious
about adding bindings and I don't know yet if I want a new one for
this), but rather that I found I was having trouble remembering the
name "emms-playlist-mode-go".  Completion doesn't really help with
this problem since "M-x emms TAB" yields a lot of results...

Tom