[emms-help] Re: New EMMS repo location

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emms-help] Re: New EMMS repo location
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:32:19 -0700

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to devel using git, too, e.g. do you merge the changes
> from git to darcs?  (If you don't fear possible problems, there's a
> tool called taylor [1] that promises to do exactly that.)

I'm currently using darcs-to-git to migrate changes from darcs to git.
If people want to send in patches (or have me pull from their git
repos), I would probably just manually commit the changes back to darcs
(or write a very simple one-at-a-time export script that takes a single
commit ID, much like git-cvsexportcommit).

I'm encouraged by the positive response to the idea of using git so far.
Are there any current contributors of code who would be put off by a
hypothetical switch to using just git to develop EMMS?

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |