Re: [emms-help] emms-play-playlist doesn't work

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-play-playlist doesn't work
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:45:09 +0300

"Andreas Goesele" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use emms under XEmacs 21.4.19 and it basically works well.
>
> But I don't get it to work with my playlist: It loads them all ok into
> *EMMS Playlist* but just goes from file to file without playing
> anything. In this way emms reaches the last file and ends with the
> error message "No next track in playlist".

When Emms goes from file to file without playing it usually means that
at each visit to a file it tries to find an appropriate player for the
track entry and fails.

This could be caused by loading the playlist in the wrong format. For
example, you can load an Emms playlist in native Emms format, .m3u or
.pls, etc.

The other typical reason this might happen is if the media player can't
play the file for some reason, but since you say that you can in fact
play individual files, the former seems more likely.