Re: [emms-help] Missing LastFM patch in Emms?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Missing LastFM patch in Emms?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:01:36 +0100

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Yoni,

>> Sorry, I think I wanted to give the new implementation a test drive
>> before asking Micheal to pull, and then I forgot about it and deleted
>> my repo on the server
> Can you post an short description of what the changes were?

I rocon I changed the implementation to work with the submission
protocol version 1.2.  But that's in the mainline git repository.  So I
really cannot say what Gabor has what's not there.

I know that the global tags radio is broken.  But currently the API is
not documented, so we'd need to look into the official client.

> That way, anyone who wants to improve Emms' LastFM support will have a
> clue.

In the meantime the submission protocol has increased to v1.2.1.  The
docs are at

If someone wants to adapt emms, it would be great.

Richard Stallman called  his operating system GNU because  he created it
before computers existed, when actual Gnus were used for calcuations.