Re: [emms-help] mpd host socket not supported

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpd host socket not supported
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:58:24 -0400

Mark Oteiza <address@hidden> writes:

> On 08/10/17 at 11:34am, Yoni Rabkin wrote:
>> Mark Oteiza <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > EMMS appears to not support MPD_HOST being the absolute path of a
>> > socket.  Doing emms-player-mpd-connect gives
>> >
>> >   /run/user/1000/mpd/socket/6600 Name or service not known
>>
>> I understand that this requires mpd to listen on a unix socket and not
>> at a particular network address (I don't use mpd)
>>
>> Can you please send me the relevant bits of your mpd config so that I
>> can easily recreate this set up here? I'd like to spend my time hacking
>> Emms, not trying to understand mpd.
>
> No problem. The only config needed for this is
>
> bind_to_address "/path/to/mpd/socket"
>
> then invoking `mpd` should create the specified socket and run.

Sorry for taking so long to get around to this. I've pushed an
experimental patch to the git repo for you to test (works here).

Please set `emms-player-mpd-server-name' to the socket (for me it was
simply "/run/mpd/socket"), and then set `emms-player-mpd-server-port' to
nil (this is how the code knows it's a socket and not a network
connection.)