[emms-help] info-year and info-date

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: [emms-help] info-year and info-date
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 13:23:36 +0100

Almost all my tracks use 'info-date and not info-year.

Because of

        (defun emms-browser-format-line (bdata &optional target)
  ;; ...
                 (format-choices
                  `(("i" . ,indent)
                    ("n" . ,name)
                    ("y" . ,(emms-track-get track 'info-year))

the album date (or year) does not get displayed in the browser.

The following fixes it:

            ("y" . ,(emms-track-get track 'info-date))

Of course this is not a viable solution as the users who need the
'info-year field lose the year display.

Is there any generic way to always derive the track year from both
'info-date and 'info-year?

Do we actually need both fields?  Looks like only info-date would be useful.

--
Pierre Neidhardt

About the only thing we have left that actually discriminates in favor of
the plain people is the stork.